The following posts will include a selection of pieces from interviews of three citizens that I conducted in the small community of Rico, Georgia in 2005. History has always interested me. I love to hear people’s stories. My hope is to use these short stories periodically in my instruction.
The various purposes will include:
- Establish myself as a writer to my students
- Mini lessons from these pieces can include:
- writing technique
- stages of writing process
- recursive writing– How can we go back to any of the previous stages to make these pieces better?
- 1st and 3nd person narrative
- stages of research
- textual evidence